COVID-19 safety information
The safety of our guests (and ourselves) is taken very seriously at Howscales. Our cleaning, health and hygiene protocols and Covid risk-assessments enable you to can book in confidence. We have been awarded Visit Britain’s Good To Go Stamp, the official mark that signals a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
What we are doing to ensure that you have a great and most importantly safe stay at Howscales Cottages we:
- Have produced a Howscales Risk Assessment that covers all aspects of our business: Howscales Cottages risk assessment document
- Are ensuring that every cottage will be cleaned and sanitised to the Covid Ready Guidelines from PASC UK (https://www.pascuk.co.uk/standards), and Visit England.
- Have changed our check-in and check-out times so that we can complete the enhanced cleaning under the cleaning protocols above. We do appreciate that check-in is later than usual. If the cottage is ready sooner, we will send a text, or email if we do not have a mobile number. Check-in from 6.00pm. Check-out by 9.30am.
- Give you the option of a contactless arrival, should it be requested.
- Provide additional cleaning products for guests to use during their stay.
- Follow best practice guidelines, we are reducing surplus soft furnishings such as cushions and throws.
- Are providing towels in line with party size rather than cottage size to avoid unnecessary washing.
- Provide a complimentary 100ml hand sanitizer in each cottage for use when you are out and about.
- Added hand sanitising stations within shared areas.
- Have allocated a refuse bin to each cottage.
What we are asking you to do to help us ensure that you have a safe and enjoyable holiday
- We ask that you socially distance from other guests please, especially relevant with small children.
- Be rigorous in following social distancing when out in public.
- Remember the best way to stay safe is to regularly wash hands thoroughly.
- To assist with test, track and trace, we will need you to provide, names, telephone numbers and email addresses of everyone in the party. This information will be stored for 21 days and solely used to pass on to the NHS if required. This must be provided at the point of arrival or ideally before.
- Risk assess your own party and decide for yourself if your group is within Government guidelines.
- If you develop symptoms of the virus during your stay, please follow the guidance.
- We kindly request that you minimise asking us to enter the building during your stay. If, for example, a dishwasher doesn’t work, we can try and sort it out over the phone in the first instance.
- We also ask that on departure, guests strip the beds, empty all bins and recycling from the cottage, leave ajar windows and depart by 0930.