Put simply, we love dogs at Howscales!
Having dogs of our own we are very dog friendly, so you are welcome to bring your dog to stay with you at Howscales. Subject to a few rules that is.
I grew up always having a dog around the house, with every single dog always being part of the family. When I left home, I didn’t go shopping for housey things, my Mum and I went to the local RSPCA looking for a dog.
It was there that I found Jema, a black Labrador cross, about 6 months old. She very quickly became a huge part of my life. When I met Adrian, he had never had a dog before, he soon realised that there was no choice but to love Jema if we were to continue dating!
With dogs firmly embedded in our lifestyle we always like to take our dog or, more often than not, our dogs with us on our UK holidays!.
The challenge is finding accommodation that is clean, cosy, well-furnished and dog-friendly. It always felt like we had to accept second best, and this just isn’t right.
That is why when we moved in to Howscales in April 2016 we knew exactly what we wanted to offer all our guests. Whether they had a dog or not.
To enable us to offer a high standard of accommodation we do have cottage rules that we politely ask all dog owners to respect.
Doggie welcome pack
Did we mention how much we love dogs at Howscales? We know it can be difficult to fit everything you need to bring with you in your car. Don’t worry! We want to ensure your dog-friendly holiday gets off to the best start. So we provide a great welcome for your fur babies too.
A dog bowl, towel and a roll of poop bags are all provided for your stay, and as an extra special treat they get a pack of treats too. There are lots of dog-friendly places to eat out and attractions to visit during your stay. So you can be sure you’re days will be full of adventures for you all.
Here’s some information to help you start planning.
Rules for guests that bring their dogs
Please click on the tabs below for more information.
Inside the cottage:
- Dogs must be house and toilet trained.
- DO NOT allow your dogs onto any furniture or bedding.
- We ask that you wipe down your dog if wet and muddy to prevent muddy paws throughout the cottage. There’s a Mud Daddy available for you to use.
- Please do not leave your dog unattended in the cottage.
- Report any damages immediately so an amicable resolution can be found.
Outside the cottage:
- Not everybody is comfortable with dogs, therefore please do not allow your dog to introduce themselves to other guests without you as a responsible owner checking first that it is okay.
- A lot of our guests like to walk around the gardens and children like to run and play in the gardens, so please ensure that you pick up after your dog.
- Dog waste should be disposed of in the non-recyclable refuse bins.
- Make sure that your dogs do not worry the sheep in neighbouring fields. They are our neighbours and we do not want to upset them.